Code of Ethics
The Fusion Academy Scholarship Foundation adheres to the highest standards and recognizes the responsibility to generate philanthropic support at the highest ethical and moral levels. It is our responsibility as board members, executive leaders, staff and volunteers to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the core values of integrity, honesty, fairness, openness, and responsibility by abiding by this code of ethical standards. We shall:
Solicitation & Stewardship of Philanthropic Funds
- Ensure all solicitation and communication materials are accurate and correctly reflect our mission and use of solicited funds.
- Ensure donors receive informed, accurate and ethical advice about the tax implications of contributions.
- Ensure all contributions are used in accordance with donors’ intentions.
- Ensure proper stewardship of all gifts, including timely reports on the use and management of such funds.
- Obtain consent by donors before altering the conditions of financial transactions.
Treatment of Confidential & Proprietary Information
- Not disclose privileged or confidential information to unauthorized parties.
- Give all donors and prospective donors the opportunity to have their names removed from contact lists and donor honor rolls.
- Use accurate and consistent accounting methods.
Public Trust, Transparency & Conflicts of Interest
- Effectively disclose all potential and actual conflicts of interest; such disclosure does not preclude or imply ethical impropriety.
- Not exploit any relationship with a donor, prospect, volunteer, or employee for personal benefit.
- Comply with all applicable local, state, provincial and federal civil and criminal laws.